Loading...
Canavese 2017-10-25T05:50:32+00:00

CANAVESE DOC

Canavese Rosso DOC
The production area includes about one hundred towns near Turin and ten or so near Biella and Vercelli. The grape varieties used to produce this wine are Nebbiolo, Barbera, Bonarda, Freisa and Neretto: either 100% or in blends, they must amount to at least 60% of grapes used. The remaining 40% can be made up of other red, non-aromatic grapes grown in the area surrounding Torino, Biella and Vercelli. The Canavese area has always had a tradition of growing many different red grape varieties, even in the same vineyard. This tradition is found in the Canavese DOC-labelled wines, the fruit of blending different grapes together.

Canavese Rosso Novello DOC
The production area is Canavese Rosso DOC. It is made from the same grapes as Canavese Rosso and it is a young and particularly fresh and fruity wine.

Canavese Rosato DOC
The production area is Canavese Rosso DOC. It is made by gently pressing the same grapes used to produce Canavese Rosso DOC wine, with short maceration of the berries.

Canavese Barbera DOC
The production area is Canavese Rosso DOC. 85% is given by Barbera grapes, while the remaining 15% can be made up of other locally-grown red grapes.

Canavese Nebbiolo DOC
The production area is Canavese Rosso DOC. 85% is given by Nebbiolo grapes, while the remaining 15% can be made up of other locally-grown red grapes.

Canavese Bianco DOC
The production area is Canavese Rosso DOC. It is made from 100% Erbaluce grapes. The production area is, thus, larger than the Erbaluce DOCG area.

Canavese Bianco Spumante
The production area is Canavese Rosso. It is made from 100% Erbaluce grapes. It is an Extradry wine produced by using the Charmat method.

Canavese Rosato Spumante
La zona di produzione è quella del Canavese Rosso. Si ottiene con breve macerazione dalle uve Rosse Canavese è ottenuto con Metodo Charmat.

PRODUCTION REGULATIONS FOR WINES WITH THE DENOMINATION OF CONTROLLED ORIGIN “CANAVESE”